Thursday, March 11, 2010

Marc in Bhutan (again) CAC Week Without Walls
While Mel was with her students in Tanzania, I took a group of 16 students to India and Bhutan for an adventure trip! We had a great group of kids and got to add two hikes to last year's itinerary. Sadly, I broke our camera within an hour of arriving in Bhutan, so I had to rely on borrowed cameras and borrowed pictures. The entire country feels like an open-air museum, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves....

We had a day in Delhi on the way and got to visit the home in which Ghandi spent the last months of his life. This picture shows where he took his final footsteps....
a bridge we crossed on day 1....


the entrance to our first monastery....


the second monastery...
spinning prayer wheels inside the second monastery....
the view through some prayer flags at the top of the pass....
The destination of our most challenging hike - a nunnery at around 3700 meters (12,000 ft)
resting about half-way along our final hike....
our group at the top....
the destination - Tigers' Nest Monastery
a foot bridge we crossed on one hike....
... a closer look!

We really did have a wonderful trip and are thankful that God kept us safe and relatively healthy throughout!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stefan Eicher said...

Hi Marc! The trip looks amazing! Too bad I didn't get to see you in Delhi. I've been living here with my wife and two kids running a small art gallery & studios. www.reflectionart.com. Let me know next time your in the area!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home